Image today is a segment
of doodling I did years ago.
For you, Righty.
of doodling I did years ago.
For you, Righty.
I awoke this morning with a particular word echoing in my mind: churning. Actually, it was a visual of churning, and then the word came to mind. I put the word in the back of my mind, and went on with the day, to see what might come of it. And here we are.
My mind has been doing a lot of churning, lately - in explosive growth mode about several aspects of life. I'm not ready to write about it, yet.
I wondered at the word, and it came to me that it's a visual word for me. For some reason, I associate it with commercial production of ice cream.
I once toured an ice cream factory where huge vats churned the ice cream. The tour guide spoke of the percentage of air that was churned into the frozen mixture as one metric for the grade of ice cream, where super-premium ice cream has very little air and is very dense and high in cream content. Cheaper ice creams have a lot of froth mixed in to create more volume, therefore using fewer ounces of expensive cream per unit volume of finished product.
Churning to me denotes a heavy-duty process. The machinery isn't household-grade but rather industrial/commercial grade. The motor behind it is geared low and is powerful. The movement is slow, but powerful. There's a sort of deliberate nature to churning.
And that which it churns is thick, heavy, and resistant.
The action of churning manages to get to all spaces within the confines, pulls the background to the foreground, convects, inverts, folds, evacuates the corners of the mind, doing a roll-call out front-and-center, for examination, and re-mix.
Such is the process within my mind, as I go through growth. I guess, looking at yesterday's post, I'm at the contemplation stage of a lot of changes, for myself. I am beginning to see them; a sort of roadmap is materializing within my mind's eye in a wavy, mirage-like fashion.
I know that after this ripens, the work will begin, the changes. So much is going on, but no action, yet. It's like the calm, before the storm. And yet you can feel it in the air...
-The Traveler

1 comment:
You call that DOODLING??
It's a lot better than doodling, dude, that is ART.
More please, on regular basis. (What is this nonesense you're not as right-brained as you are left brained? Churners are mixing both brains up all the time! In fact, what a great drawing that would be--a churning brain).
Post a Comment