Life's a trip: Propulsion by Compulsion. But now I
Do Go To God.
Help yourself to a tour inside my head, twisted as it may be. Enjoy the ride.
Welcome,all types.
There's no theme here, or rules. Fresh, raw, and don't expect me to impress you - I'm trying my damnedest not to think about anyone out there, when I write.
Find your way
On the other hand
I'm always game for a good discussion.
It's my hope that my writing forces me, and encourages you, to think on a higher plane.
About me
What you'll learn about me is in the entries. I don't divulge many things about me on purpose, principally because those things would create filters in your mind about how to view me. I want your responses to my musings, not to whom you imagine I am, my person. And besides, it isn't sporting just to blurt things out. Read between the lines.
Don't confuse this with Religion
I can't see life being random. I can't see that there is no difference between good, and evil. I can't see that we're each cursed with existential angst if there weren't something to fill that "hole" we all are trying to evade. There must be something... Something.
I have never heard God talk to me.
I remember waking up as a child in a cold sweat, in a panic, because I didn't know, and all those around me had told me I should.
It took falling off the cliff mid-life for me to begin to find my own way, and finally figure out they were posturing. It takes courage to admit we don't know. It wasn't until I allowed myself to release my past indoctrination, and open myself up to what my actual spiritual experience has been, that I realized there just might be a God of my un-understanding at work, in my life-path.
But I do know that every 12-step meeting I attend, I feel I get a glimpse of God, in the stories I hear. The pain, the journey, the healing, and redemption. I can't see those stories as random.
What divine irony that a bunch o' drunks got it right.
Attraction, not promotion.
Praying only for the knowledge of God's will for me, and the power to carry that out.
That, in the end (step 12), the giving is the receiving; our gifts from God come when we give.
I don't know about you, but this God of my un-understanding has a wry sense of humor, of irony, of simple, elegant appropriateness.
*********
Below are excerpted lyrics from one of my favorite songs, by Shaun Groves. I just love the message:
Lord I want so many things, What I need has never changed, No matter what I chase and crave, I need you more... I need you more.
1 comment:
Baraka;
Baraka is one of my most savoured movies!
It takes a sobering look at the world around us and leaves us with questions;
How did you come across it?
Please reply to the Baraka blog and check out my mad world mundo loco blog, if you have the time.
the Keltic man**
Post a Comment