
OK, I got the update on Marlboro Man's son, for those of you wondering. I call the son Heroin Dude.
Marlboro Man took himself back to the Catholic Soccer Mom's Al-Anon group and poured out his update thusly:
Heroin Dude is still in the hospital, on dialysis. They do not know if his kidney function will return or not. He is conscious but sedated and under pain management.
They had to amputate his leg, below the knee.
From what Marlboro Man told me last time I ran into him, it sounds as though the tissue damage Heroin Dude sustained from a funny position while he was passed out caused swelling in the calf.
When this happens, the fascial sheaths (the connective tissue encasements) in the calves are rather unforgiving - they do not stretch- and if the calf muscle tissue tries to swell, it basically chokes off its own blood supply, thereby killing itself. Ergo, the need to amputate.
Stay tuned, for another chapter in Lack-O'-Recovery Soap...
-The Traveler

1 comment:
"As the Chip Rots"
Post a Comment