Since I have a whole two readers of my ramblings, and both memed me this week, I am finishing up my obligations and then must take my snickering off into a corner and regain my composure. I'm not allowed to have this much fun; it does things to my brain, and not good things, I might add.
So today's entry is for Marc. I do give you credit for making it optional. But then you had to go and make me post it here, where it's totally out of character...
And since it was optional, I took liberties. I am not good at following directions, particularly when you drive me into a right-brained state of manic free-flow creativity (is that what it was?). So I pretty much just went with "Lurleen" and that was all I needed to be off to the races. I mean, "Lurleen" was so delicious... I just had to.
So the optional meme details, which I did not follow very well in letter but I think I did ok in spirit, are here.
DISCLAIMER: I am under no obligation to participate in additional memes, unless they are screamin' funny or of enduring value or make me twist my mind in ways that entertain me. Or you pay me enough. Something like that.
Oh, and by the way, Marc, I'll consider ghost art an optional image meme. You don't have to follow my instructions, either, in letter, but do try, in spirit. I want to see what that righty-brain and photoshop fingers do with the idea...
So here goes, "LURLEEN":
Hot DAMN, Jimmy-John, Daddy was right when he said theres places where folks aint like us!
I figgered Callyfornya is a lot like Texas, being its west and all, but it aint much like home atall. It might be west, but it aint south, and it damn sure aint home. Theys lots of sun but it aint so hot here somehow and people are all so purty it aint natural. The women folk don't do their hair up right and theys look wild and unkept, not all sweet and ready for their man like home. Some of theys do have nice purty yeller hair tho. Real nice.
But what gits me more is them menfolk, some of them are more purty than the gals! They even look like em. No hair on theys bodies, long purty hair in ponytails or just plain loose and the like on theys heads, and faces like babies - real smooth-like. I don't know, Jimmy-John, but some of theys may be movie stars. They say Callyfornya's just plum packed with movie stars.
Those gal-boys be a runnin round all greased like brown injuns with little boy toys like skates and skateboards. That part aint bad, the injun part, it's the part with them mens wearing gal stuff. Earrings, and studs in theys nose or lip or I even seen one wearing a hoop like ring in his nipple, Jimmy-John! Now don't tell me that don't hurt. Why would a man want to do that?
And sometimes, I cant tell whose the gal and whose the man! Thems the ones that really bugger me. It downright scares me, I say. And Jimmy-John, don't you tell Daddy or Momma, but I seen two together, if you catch my drift, two of the same, not like God wants men, or ladies. Right out in plain sight.
Now I know what Daddy was saying, theys places where God is, and places where God stays clear on account the folks aint right. Now I seen what that is, Jimmy-John, and that be gonna stick with me, when I git home.
Daddy warned me to be wise, that home is best, and best not to mix with folks we don't know, and aint like. I seen what Daddy means, now, Jimmy-John.
All y'all can rest quite now, I be home in a wink, and then I don't figger on comin back here. No, sir. One time be fit for me. We should a done stayed home, at Six Flags, like Momma done said, not been all fancy for them babies to see Micky Mouse. I will say the babies did like it. I just glad theys to
bitty to see them, like I did.
I think Daddy was best, Jimmy-John. Stay by folks you know, dont try and git fancy. We done paid all that much to see freaks, haul ourselves half acrost this country just to wish we was back home.
Now, what sense is that, Jimmy-John?
I will say travel did make me a right bit smarter.
See all yall soon, and tell Momma not to worry, now. But Jimmy-John, the other things, don't be telling Daddy an Momma. Just let it be.
Lurleen

5 comments:
Me thinks the gentleman doth know this material too much. Frightening.
I promise you have more than two readers. It just takes them a while to come out of the woodwork.
And this was DELIGHTFUL. As I wrote you, now I know who that bighaired lady was a Disneyland looking at my nipple rings.
It's so nice to meet up with a fellow Lurleen, course I'm trapped in the Middle East with a broken heart thanks to Marc's meme.
Wonderful post, I enjoyed every word of it particularly the descrition of the greased men. You are quite clever and you do have more than two readers!
Lureen, you did a find job on Marc's meme. Bill
* Lurking sobriety blogger and reader of yours coming out of the woodwork*
*Grew up with Lurleen*
*Never heard of a meme till now*
*Your writing is immensely entertaining*
Post a Comment